Multiple Concrete Construction
A pattern of unpredictable meteorological conditions including cyclones and other severe weather events resulted in the deterioration of some of Council’s older drainage systems. Council partnered with Epoca to complete the concrete construction works, which were located in the Western, Coastal North and Coastal South zones.
In the interests of public safety, Council elected to demolish and reconstruct multiple floodways, pipes and culverts on public roads within the Isaac Region.
Council required a highly experienced concrete construction contractor to complete the works which were completed in a challenging conditions owing to the wet season.
Epoca performance was highly regarded by Council.
All constructions were to be to DTMR specifications. The works were undertaken in multiple locations, as follows:-
- Install pipes and reconstruction of floodways (3 sites)
- New floodway construction (5 sites)
- Floodway and culvert reconstruction (1 site)
- Floodway reconstruction (7 sites)
- Extension between two floodways (1 site)
- Pipe repair and floodway reconstruction (1 site)
- Install pipes and construct new floodways (8 sites)
- Replace culvert (1 site)
- Extend floodway (1 site)
- Floodway overlay (1 site)
KEY CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Remote working locations.
- Significant travel distances.
- Tight delivery timeframe based on wet season.
- IRC Extremely pleased with all aspects of project delivery.