Geiger and Murphy Bridges
As part of its 2017-18 program for civil infrastructure improvements and QRA funding to replace damaged assets, Scenic Rim Regional Council approved major repairs to flood damaged bridges in the region.
Scenic Rim Regional Council awarded Epoca the contract to construct Geiger Bridge and Murphy Bridge in Canungra. Murphy Bridge is a 3 span bridge on bored concrete piers, cast insitu headstock and abutments with precast deck beams, edge kerbs and asphalt wearing course. Geiger bridge is a 2 span bridge with the same construction design.
Located over Canungra Creek and in the Lamington Park catchment area, the project involved close liaison with local residents and intensive monitoring of waterways and other environmental conditions.
The scope included:
- Traffic management.
- Design engineering of environmentally suitable pilingn platforms within creek proper.
- Bored piers & construction of insitu headstocks and abutments to receive concrete deck beams.
- Construction of relieving slabs to bridge ends and asphalt wearing course atop deck beams.
- Supply & Install precast deck units.
- Approach roadworks including rock armour and signage.
- All works delivered to program and in accordance with specifications, quality and standards.