Moggill District Sports Complex
Offering local residents and visitors an array of sporting facilities and open park space to enjoy, the Moggill District Sports Complex is jointly funded by the Queensland Government and BCC to increase participation in sport and recreation activities.
The Moggill District Sports Park provides district-level sporting facilities to the wider Moggill-Bellbowrie and Anstead communities. Featuring two ovals suitable for AFL and cricket, four hard courts for netball and tennis, children’s playground, amenities building, clubhouse and shelters for viewing the sports fields, the 7ha park is an outstanding sports and recreation
Located within the Moggill Creek catchment, approximately 20 kilometres from central Brisbane, the works were undertaken within a sensitive natural environment.
Scope of works included:
- Demolition, site clearing and stripping.
- Bulk earthworks – (cut to fill, large quantity cut to export & salavage for reuse on-site as topsoil).
- Reticulation of new services including connection to water, sewer, power, communications & stormwater.
- Construction of 178 space carpark, road widening and access.
- Construction of elite grade multi-use sports fields and courts, including D&C lighting.
- Netball amenities building, AFL clubhouse, canteen, office and storage building.
- 5,000m2 of pathways and feature seating.
- Revegetation, advanced trees, gardens, fencing, furniture & artwork.
KEY CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Project delivery in environmentally sensitive area during wet season.
- Design, implement & manage long-term, high efficiency sediment basins.
- Tight construction program to meet stakeholders’ delivery objectives.
- Design coordination with external entities – DTMR, QUU, Building Certifier.