Bikeways Construction Package 6
Having demonstrated its skills in earlier bikeway construction packages, Epoca was selected by BCC to deliver Bikeways Construction Package 6.
Bikeways Construction Package 6 was completed by Epoca in 2015 as part of Brisbane City Council’s vision to provide increased capacity and safety for cyclists and pedestrians
This project involved the construction of bikeways at South Brisbane and Wynnum (5 sites) including:
Services locations, relocations and Authorities management
- Traffic management
- Construction of 150mm MSCL water main crossing the footpath to be constructed near the intersection of Vulture St and Little Dock St.
- Demolition of kerbing
- Construction of new kerbing
- New bikeway path construction
- Construction of new retaining walls
- Construction of concrete seating
- Pavement Works – placement of unbound material, sealing and bitumen works
KEY CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Pedestrian and traffic management.
- Restricted work corridors.
- Works interface with key stakeholders including utilities and local businesses.