Abbot Point – Water Augmentation Works
The Port of Abbot Point is Australia’s most northern coal export port with one operating terminal, Adani Abbott Point Terminal. Earmarked as a port with significant potential to become one of Australia’s most valuable multi-commodity trading ports, the Port of Abbot Point has potential for expansion.
Epoca completed for Adani Mining the infrastructure essential to the operations of Adani’s export terminal at Abbott Point, near Bowen in Queensland. The 12 month construction program was completed in June 2013.
- Sediment Pond No.2 intake platform and channel
- Stormwater Retention Pond, and
- Two primary pipelines covering 2.5km
KEY CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Erosion, sediment control and water quality on a vast site.
- Sensitive environmental management of construction site.
- Liaison with Traditional Owners.